We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Unit Name: EVP, Development
Unit Code: 9NA9DE02
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Director, Capital Control & Analysis is responsible for improving capital control processes, costs and forecasts in support of the Design and Construction team (D&C) within Restaurant Development while also ensuring compliance with all internal capital policies. Responsible for managing capital expenditure reporting and forecasting, serving as the Restaurant Development lead in the planning and implementation of the capital software; monitoring Business Case-level capex to ensure compliance with company capital approval policy and contractual minimum spend obligations; and preparing of capex post audits and capital cost analyses to measure capex cost performance/trends and to identify opportunities to reduce costs and/or improve capital efficiency. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Restaurant Development Planning & Analysis.
- Manages a team responsible for the Purchase Order and Invoice process for over $100M of CapEx annually
- Manages the project close out process and all costs necessary to submit certified cost statements
- Manages annual capital expenditures and ensures compliance with internal policies. This includes leading and updating the Project Status Report, preparing the Budget Exception Report, BOARs, setting up RFFs, etc.
- Identifies methods to reduce CapEx. This includes creating new tools and procedures and implementing the associated training to impacted staff.
- Manages the CapEx Contingency Pool, reviews funding requests, and works with stakeholders to authorize the allocation of this pool among projects in a Business Case
- Analyzes CapEx trends and develops benchmarking tools used for advising Executive on takeaways and recommendations
- Serves as the Restaurant Development lead for the construction management software.
- Provides monthly/quarterly/annual reporting to the HMSHost Executive Team and Autogrill.
- Prepares CapEx/Business Case Post Audits and presents the results to the Executive Team; ensures that learnings are shared with others so that they may be instituted
- Reviews new leases and ensures compliance with D&C lease requirements including certified cost, minimum spend, and turnover dates
- Assists on other Restaurant Development projects as needed; these projects may involve adult beverage, branded, or proprietary portfolio
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related experience
- Requires 8 years of experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial or capital analysis in a corporate environment
- Requires ability to integrate quantitative and qualitative data to identify interdependencies, trends, opportunities, etc. (intuitive business sense)
- Requires supervisory or lead experience; including delegation of tasks, issue resolution, coaching, and acting as a change agent while motivating others
- Requires proven ability to interact confidently and effectively with senior leadership and other functional heads
- Requires ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment requiring regular multi-tasking
- Proactive self-starter
- Requires experience with MS Office including strong working knowledge of Excel. Experience with PeopleSoft a plus
- Requires experience reading and interpreting legal agreements
- Experience in commercial real estate development and/or multi-location retail companies preferred
- Knowledge of construction costs, budgeting and construction project management and/or coordination a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|