We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Unit Name: VP Facility Design And Develop
Unit Code: 9CP9DC12
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
This Director, Architecture contributes to continuing the organization's leading status as the premier restaurant developer in travel venues throughout North America. This position is key in managing the drawing process for over 350 individual brands and 3,500 restaurants, comprised of one-off local restaurants, national brands, and regional brands; as well as leveraging internal resources and external consultants as needed to deliver on-time and on-budget results. This position requires a deep work history in a fast paced restaurant development environment. This position reports to the VP, Design & Construction.
- Produces conceptual (test fits) restaurant floor plans (BOH/FOH) when required.
- Selects, trains and leads outside Architects, Engineers and various Consultants for new restaurants and remodels. Plans Standards Development, Maintenance & Training – Development, evaluation & maintenance of bar standards, plan standards, finish/materials standards, furniture specifications, millwork standards, & kitchen platform standards.
- Manages and maintains design standards and proprietary brand standard documents.
- Evaluates value engineering possibilities for current design projects.
- Ensures proper application and integration of site, architectural, structural, and MEP disciplines into construction documents for applicable projects in the pipeline.
- Partners with cross-functional departments such as Operations, IT, Finance, and Development to ensure design of kitchen, bar, dining, and other restaurant systems are in alignment
- Ensures timely and accurate review of documents throughout the planning process for completeness, alignment with approved design criteria, cost effectiveness and coordination among various designers and project stakeholders with each project.
- Continuously looks for opportunities to improve cost-efficiencies, streamline permitting schedules, and refine project designs
- Assesses requirements, develops plans, aligns with cost estimates and accountable for adhering to A&E budgets with outside consultants.
- Represents the Design & Construction department at building and design review meetings, hearings, and etc. to introduce or promote projects during any local approval process. Will require travel to our airport client locations for these drawing inputs.
- Implements remodels and new restaurant plans in the field, including coordinating with appropriate functions at the field level to ensure all projects are completed on time and within established budget. Organizes and conducts project calls as well as maintaining and updating project trackers
- Maintains design and drawing libraries and captures and catalogs electronic as-built drawings on project FTP site.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Architecture with Architectural license preferred.
- Requires 10 years of experience in the development, design, planning, and management of multi-unit restaurant/retail rollouts. Architectural project management experience a plus.
- Requires great understanding and experience of restaurant food/bar service layout and operational components and food service design
- Requires a working knowledge of current building code requirements and construction methods, as well as in-depth understanding of the coordination and assembly of construction documents, structural and MEP systems. Software proficiency with current AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, or similar, Revit BIM, Sketch-up or similar, MS Office Suite (MS Project, Excel), and FTP Project Management software knowledge preferred.
- Must be organized, efficient, innovative and able to work independently on multiple concurrent projects
- Requires ability to identify and eliminate problems and situations by developing comprehensive solutions and implementing new directives.
- Requires excellent oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Requires willingness to travel 30-50% of the time. Purpose of travel is for participation and representation at Airport/Authority kick-offs, walkthroughs, and all design document presentations.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Starbucks|