We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Sr Manager Accounting
This position is responsible for tracking and controlling company's capital spending which is approximately $150 million annually, maintaining the integrity of the PeopleSoft Project Costing system and for managing three staff members. This position requires contact with Business Development, Design and Construction, Regional Operating Controllers, Field Controllers, Accounts Payable, Tax and Corporate Accounting.
Location: Corporate Accounting
Unit Name: NPC -Fixed Assets
Unit Code: 9FI9NP08
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Sr Manager Accounting Manager is responsible for providing active, continuous, proactive management and oversight over account reconciliations as well as a high level of customer support and communication to all applicable parties. This position is assessed with identifying and reducing potential balance sheet risk and exposure and is responsible for maintaining, developing and implementing accounting processes to ensure the integrity of financial data. This position is responsible for performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the Sr Director Accounting.
- Reviews account reconciliations prepared by the department's staff
- Serves as an interface with the corporate financial reporting group as well as the internal and external audit teams during both internal control and financial statement audits and reviews schedules / information requested by internal and external auditors
- Responds to questions presented by other departments, field controllers, management, staff and auditors
- Manages, trains and develops the department's staff
- Identifies and implements solutions to reconciliation and accounting process issues
- Manages and monitors departmental process improvements and controls
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment :
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA / foreign equivalent or CPA candidate is preferred
- Requires minimum of 8-10 years of experience in an accounting environment and 2 or more years of supervisory experience
- Requires strong accounting and organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and strong analytical / problem-solving skills
- Requires strong computer skills including Excel; knowledge of PeopleSoft is a plus
- Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|