We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Unit Name: Legal
Unit Code: 9LE9LE01
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
A Corporate Counsel is responsible for providing support to the legal department in one or more legal areas such as real estate, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, litigation, employment, compliance or taxation. May be asked to provide counsel in various legal areas, including litigation, contract negotiations and compliance. This is a management (exempt) position and typically reports to the Associate General Counsel or Senior Corporate Counsel.
This Corporate Counsel opening reports directly to the Vice President & Associate General Counsel. This position is responsible for providing legal support for business development and the strategic alliance group, and providing advice and counsel in the areas of limited liability company operating agreements, real estate and transactional matters. As a part of each of these functions, the position will draft and negotiate contracts on behalf of HMSHost and work closely with a number of in-house departments. We are looking for a superior problem-solver with sophisticated analytical thought and ability to strategically apply judgment while handling complex and competing demands.
- Provides legal support, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating contractual agreements, including:
- Limited liability company operating agreements;
- Real estate leases;
- Letters of intent;
- Nondisclosure agreements; and
- Consulting agreements
- Manages other complex legal matters as assigned.
- Manages outside counsel, legal assistants or administrative staff, as assigned.
- Provides counsel to legal department within area of legal expertise.
- Identifies risks and develops processes to eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Supports legal department as needed.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctorate; must be a member in good standing at one or more state bar associations
- Requires 4 years of experience in relevant field
- Must possess and promote high ethical standards
- Requires experience and comfort interacting with management
- Requires superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple high-priority major legal projects simultaneously
- Sound judgment and strong negotiating, decision making, critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of legal research tools, proficiency in legal research.
- Excellent drafting and communications skills – oral, written, editorial skills and attention to detail.
- Experience interacting with executive levels and ability to work without supervision.
- Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|