We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Sr Cloud Virtualization Engineer
Unit Name: Implementation & Rollouts
Unit Code: 9FI9SY04
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Senior Cloud Virtualization Engineer is responsible for designing, configuring, testing, implementing, administering and troubleshooting virtualization and cloud solutions in multiple types of production environments. This position manages assigned projects and communicates project status to IT staff, IT management, vendors, and internal customers.
- Designs and implements Enterprise VMWare Virtual Environments and Microsoft HyperV
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of the Virtualization Infrastructure
- Develops, automates and implements operations best practices for the virtualization environments
- Performs Capacity Management functions
- Participates in Business Continuation / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing
- Maintains a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered in Azure and how to design and operate networks to support ease of use, self-service, automation and reliability of service.
- Participates in 24x7 On-Call rotation schedule
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or similar technical field
- Requires 7 years of working experience in the implementation and support of VMWare ESX and all associated system components
- Requires 3 years of cloud computing experience preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Requires experience with Office 365
- Requires experience operating virtualization in a data center, migrating applications from data centers to cloud, or planning and executing similar scale and technology programs
- Requires experience with managing infrastructure in Commercial Cloud Provider such as Azure.
- Requires experience with Cisco UCS as a computer platform for VMWare ESX Environments
- Possession of one of following certification preferred: VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV), VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD) and Citrix Certified Professional - Virtualization CCP – V
- Requires advanced technical knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi, DRS, vMotion, HA, HyperV)
- Requires strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|