We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Assistant General Counsel
Unit Name: Labor & Employment
Unit Code: 9LE9LE05
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
This Assistant General Counsel reports to the General Counsel and is responsible for a broad range of labor and employment issues. The attorney must have working experience with all federal laws impacting the employer/employee relationship, including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and other relevant federal statutes. The attorney should also have experience in labor matters, including NLRB proceedings, arbitrations and negotiations. Responsibilities will include the timely and effective provision of legal advice and business solutions to Human Resources, Operations, and other company leaders.
- Advise Human Resources and management on day-to-day employee relations matters and develops business-focused solutions.
- Monitors labor and employment law developments, decisions, legislation, and regulatory filings that may affect the company's business or policies and recommend changes, if necessary.
- Provides training to management and Human Resources on employment law topics and other employment law matters on an ongoing basis.
- Drafts employment policies.
- Oversees the investigation of complaints regarding violations of company policies, laws and regulations, and respond to subpoenas.
- Drafts employment-related agreements.
- Assists, as necessary, with labor relations, litigation, EEOC and other adversarial matters.
- Provides counsel to legal department within area of legal expertise.
- Identifies risks and develops processes to eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Supports legal department as needed.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment :
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctorate; must be a member in good standing at one or more state bar associations
- Requires 10 years of experience in relevant field
- Must possess and promote high ethical standards
- Requires experience and comfort interacting with management
- Requires superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple high-priority major legal projects simultaneously
- Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|