We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Sr Microsoft Office 365 Engr
Unit Name: Applctn Dev & Maint Services
Unit Code: 9FI9SY02
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Senior Microsoft Office 365 Engineer is responsible for maintaining the legacy Exchange environment while leading the migration and implementation of Microsoft Office 365 in our Azure cloud environment. This position serves as an escalation point and participates in an on-call rotation as required.
- Designs, implements and supports Office 365 and related technologies including but not limited to, Exchange Online, Exchange Server, Skype for Business, Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Directory Synchronization, SharePoint, and OneDrive for Business and Azure AD
- Provides subject matter expertise for the migration effort from beginning to end
- Serves as primary Office 365 administrator in a 1,000+ user environment
- Maintains PowerShell scripts used to manage\support the Office 365 environment
- Provides end-to-end root cause analysis and assistance for issues related to Exchange and Office 365
- Provides 24/7 support of critical systems in a rotating on-call environment
- Acts as an escalation point for Tier 1 and 2 Help Desk support
- Troubleshoots and audits system health using performance monitoring software
- Assists with scoping, testing and validating Patching/Updates for OS, Firmware and/or Software components. May include hardware replacement coordination.
- Participates in compliance and security reviews as necessary including working closely with internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the Office 365 architecture.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related program; relevant work experience may be substituted for education
- Requires experience supporting Office 365 Server applications in a corporate environment
- Requires 5+ years of technical experience designing and configuring highly available system solutions
- Requires experience in the areas of solution engineering and design, asset management, change management, capacity planning, monitoring and alerting, system security, system upgrades, patch management, and enterprise backup and recovery
- Possession of or working toward Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Certifications (e.g., MCTS, MCITP, MCM)
- Requires willingness to participate in an on-call rotation schedule
- Requires strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|