We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Senior Project Manager
Unit Name: Digital
Unit Code: 9FI9SY14
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Senior Project Manager (PMO) is responsible for leading a team of PMs, and for managing the successful implementation of complex initiatives in the PMO portfolio, with careful attention to scope, cost, time and quality. The Sr. Project Manager ensures full adherence to PMO standards and methodology, effectively communicating to internal and external customers, building solid and positive business partnerships. This is an exempt position reporting to the PMO Director.
Essential Functions :
- Provides strong leadership for the project team and is responsible for the day-to-day departmental operations.
- Coaches and develops a team of project managers.
- Works with department Director and other leadership to promote culture, vision and associate development strategies.
- Co-manages the PMO portfolio ensuring that all initiatives are aligned with company goals and expectations.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently, planning and scheduling project deliverables, goals and milestones.
- Defines requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment.
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Adjusts project scope, with project sponsor approval, and schedule as appropriate to accommodate change.
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Develops, monitors and maintains project plan to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Implements quality standards, reviews project deliverables and communicates variances accordingly.
- Identify and communicate lessons learned and incorporate prior lessons learned as best practices into projects.
- Assigns resources based on availability.
- Identifies project performance issues, analyzes and addresses them in a timely manner.
- Creates project team assignments and provides support to project teams and organizational activities
- Develops request for proposals for external services.
- Creates and maintains all project related documentation.
- Contributes to the development of the organization's standards and best practices for project management.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for new and ongoing projects and programs.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment :
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Project Management, IT, Accounting or Finance or related academic areas
- PMI certification and familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean Methodologies strongly preferred
- Requires minimum of 5 years of job related experience
- Requires minimum of 3 years of experience in managing and developing teams; 5-7 years preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting/finance processing procedures preferred
- Requires the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization in a clear, effective and positive manner
Equal OpportunityEmployer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|