We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Sr Manager Contracting
Unit Name: Supply Chain & Analysis
Unit Code: 9NA9ST20
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Senior Manager of Contracting will focus on contracting and managing related processes for suppliers that have a direct contract through HMSHost, including local, brand required, diverse, sustainable, and indirect spend suppliers. Specifically, this function is responsible for setting business terms and finalizing legal agreements with brands and suppliers identified by the members in Supply Chain based on RFP, Lease Extension, Field specific or other needs. This function will also be responsible for renegotiating terms and/or updating contracted product and service costs as needed. This is a management position and will report to the Senior Director Supply Chain Contracts and Finance.
- Identifies and/or vets contracting needs for local, diverse, brand required, indirect or sustainable suppliers.
- Negotiates business and other terms, including costs (e.g., formulas, initial costs to us), payment terms, delivery schedules, and other required service components, with direct suppliers and establishes initial volume estimates.
- Reviews contracts where a local brand is the local supplier or requires a local supplier and helps ensure favorable contracting terms and required contractual language around quality assurance, insurance, etc.
- Works with Legal, the supplier and internal partners to ensure all necessary terms are included, reviews and comments on legal drafts, and finalizes contracts.
- Manages all indirect spend category activities whether sourced by HMSHost or its Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) including questions from the field, managing and developing order guides, spend management and validating the price and service competitiveness of our vendors
- Contributes to sourcing strategies, develops RFx, builds internal consensus, negotiates contract pricing and service, and implements new programs for a specific a set of Indirect Spend categories not covered by GPO. Compares direct sourced programs against GPO programs to evaluate participation in GPOs programs.
- Monitors supplier performance and drives improvement in business processes while leading cross functional teams for implementation of selected strategic or corporate initiatives
- Tracks core terms including expiration dates for all direct contracts for all categories even those not directly managed by this role. For directly managed contracts, monitors supplier performance and term of the contracts to renegotiate and/or update costs and terms as needed.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or Financial Field
- 5-7 years direct or indirect experience in a Purchasing or Supply Chain organization with 2-3 years negotiating vendor deal terms and reviewing legal contracts
- Requires strong financial analysis skills
- Requires excellent computer skills including advanced functions in Excel, solid PowerPoint skills, experience with financial management systems
- Requires knowledge of foodservice operations, products, distribution and logistics
- Requires ability to travel to conferences and other industry outreach events to proactively identify potential local, diverse or sustainable suppliers
- Requires ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Requires strong technical, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|