We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Unit Name: Legal
Unit Code: 9LE9LE01
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Licensing Specialist is responsible for supporting the liquor, tobacco, lottery and business licensing process for Host's concessions operations at major airports, shopping malls, motorways and other travel venues including (i) securing new licenses, (ii) renewing existing licenses, and (iii) resolving license compliance issues. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Licensing (also has certain reporting responsibilities to Manager, Licensing), the Licensing Specialist interacts and communicates with licensing authorities, senior management and external counsel.
- Prepares and files liquor, tobacco, lottery and business license applications (new and renewals), including gathering required information (i.e., floor plans, corporate documents, affidavits, corporate officer information, fingerprints, landlord authorizations, bonds, leases, etc.)
- Monitors status of filed applications to ensure licenses are timely received.
- Assists in providing guidance on licensing issues including tied-house issues and M&A transactions.
- Resolves license compliance issues.
- Keeps abreast of new and existing laws, rules and regulations governing the sale, distribution and use of alcoholic beverages.
- Monitors status of inactive licenses.
- Maintains and updates license database and files.
- Establishes and maintain a positive rapport with state, county and local governmental agencies.
- Secures confidential personal data obtained for licensing purposes.
- Researches, analyzes and applies licensing laws, regulations, and rules.
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of paralegal experience
- Liquor license or similar regulatory experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with legal research software preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, proactive and able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion.
- Able to generate excellent work-product under pressure.
- Occasional travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|