We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Junior Solution Developer
The Junior Solution Developer will focus on the development and support of the in-house SQL database built to support reporting of Oracle Simphony Point of Sale (POS) applications. This includes supporting downstream POS enterprise applications such as Reporting (MyMicros), Recipe Management (MyInventory), Sales reconciliation, Labor Management & Cash processing systems. This position will create SSIS Packages and maintain SQL Database, writes ad hoc queries in Oracle database, and research, analyze and troubleshoot issues in database applications.
Location: Corporate Systems
Unit Name: Implementation & Rollouts
Unit Code: 9FI9SY04
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Junior Solution Developer is responsible for the day-to-day analysis, design, development, and implementation of in-house SQL database and vendor solutions toward the benefit of the Point Of Sales (POS), Infrastructure and stakeholder departments. This position requires not only a technical background, but an understanding and ability to execute the principals of SDLC, and the ability to lead projects with some guidance. This position typically reports to a manager.
- Creates SSIS Packages and maintains SQL Server. Writes ad hoc queries in Oracle database. Researches, analyzes and troubleshoots issues in database applications.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, deploys, and leads a time-phased resolution plan when IT based issues arise
- Develops custom scripts, tools, and programs in the support of the POS, Infrastructure and stakeholder departments
- Optimizes and supports the POS group's day-to-day tasks by supplying process automation scripts and development of job specific tools.
- Troubleshoots Operating System, web application, database, and networking issues
- Develops custom solutions to routine IT problems in a very distributed environment
- Creates deployable applications and MSI installer files using third party packaging tools
- Coordinates and leads projects from with some guidance from a Senior Solution Developer and/or Project Manager
- Provides recommendations for new technologies
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Requires 5 years of experience in application development focused on process improvement and life cycle development
- Requires 2 years of experience performing Server and Application Performance analysis and system optimization tuning
- Requires 3 years database design and administration experience in one of the following: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11g, IBM DB2 or MySQL
- Requires 3 years of experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, or SQL Server Integration Services.
- Requires the ability to work with minimal supervision, and must be self-driven to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|