We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Tax Accountant II
Unit Name: Tax
Unit Code: 9FI9TA01
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
The Tax Accountant II is responsible for preparation of tax compliance concerning U.S. and Canada federal, state, county or municipal taxes, along with various foreign locations. Also responsible for gathering facts and researching tax issues related to various company entities to quantify exposure, ensure proper compliance, and facilitate tax savings, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a management(exempt) position and typically reports to the Sr. Manager, Taxes.
- Prepares tax compliance for all company entities. This responsibility includes preparing necessary calculations to achieve tax compliance, organizing and developing efficiencies in the tax return preparation process, and identifying possible opportunities and exposure areas.
- Conducts tax research
- Prepares responses to tax notices, audits and other requests from tax authorities as well as other internal requests as directed by management.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting; Masters degree in Tax and CPA or working towards CPA a plus
- Requires 2-3 years of corporate tax experience
- Requires strong accounting, planning and organizational skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Requires understanding of general corporate tax principles and GAAP
- Requires strong computer skills including Excel and PeopleSoft
- Requires strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
|Location||MD - Bethesda - Corporate Office|