We've got plenty of jobs over here.
Regional Assistant HR Dir - CH1099
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating dining for travel venues. HMSHost operates in more than 120 airports around the globe and at more than 100 travel plazas in North America. The company has annual sales of nearly $3.3 billion and employs more than 41,000 associates worldwide. HMSHost is a part of Autogrill Group, the world’s leading provider of food & beverage services for people on the move. With sales of €4.6 billion in 2017, the group operates in 31 countries and employs over 58,000 people. It manages approximately 4,000 stores in about 1,000 locations worldwide.
Visit HMSHost.com for more information and connect with HMSHost on Facebook, Twitter and, Instagram.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, Canada and, directly supporting the Operations leadership team (including Operations Directors, District Directors and Brand Operators). The Assistant Regional Human Resource Director will be responsible for adding significant value to the business through broad HR leadership, knowledge and demonstrating a high level of functional expertise and business acumen.
The Assistant Regional Human Resource Director you will have the opportunity to work side by side with our Operations business leadership, and, will focus on proactive talent management, coaching and providing guidance on employee relations and executing strategic HR initiatives. Always looking ahead, the incumbent will be looking for new ways to implement change initiatives, challenge the status quo and collaborate with business leaders and Human Resources.
Human Resources Leadership:
• Partners with our Motorway Field Operations Leaders supporting ongoing associate demands as needed.
• Responsible for the continuous improvement and execution of new corporate HR initiatives providing feedback to program quality.
• Pilots all new initiatives and processes evaluating effectiveness before national launch.
• Analyzes HR KPI’s with the lens of identifying improvement and/or growth opportunities.
• Builds third-party partnerships to continuously generate brand awareness.
• Promotes associate appreciation through HMSHost signature engagement program.
• Acts as a business partner to the Directors of Operations and the team to provide HR business expertise and perspective to support the development and execution of regional initiatives that are aligned with the Company’s.
• Assists as needed in branch HR operations (i.e., new store openings or closings)
Recruitment & Training:
• In partnership with Plaza Operations, provides leadership of the recruitment strategy, selection and, onboarding process.
• Implements and maintains HMSHost’s corporate learning programs and, assists with learning facilitation as needed.
• Provides coaching, mentorship, feedback, recognition and, support to HR Generalist Group facilitating their success and skills development.
• Provides input and participates in performance assessment and termination processes for the Operations team.
• Establishes and develops a collaborative and results-focused HR team including Group Leads management meetings, ensuring effective communication, planning, coordination and alignment.
• In partnership with the HR Director, conducts a monthly national business review of the HR department.
• Ensures that all federal, provincial, local laws, collective bargaining agreements and corporate HR-related compliance matters are proactively managed, including but not limited to Employment/Labour Standards, Human Rights, Workers’ Compensation, Customer Fair Treatment and Transport Canada.
• Manages the regional process for field HR Representatives’ response to Speak Up Hot Line calls, Sexual Harassment, Affirmative Action, and Fair Treatment complaints; Workers’ Compensation/ unemployment issues and unsolicited employee relations calls and letters; ensures that each issue is resolved fairly according to federal and, provincial employment law guidelines as well as Company policy.
• Facilitates management level actions to include: performance management reviews, promotions, progressive discipline and terminations before implemented.
• Performs confidential investigations and may provide input to the investigations performed by others; elevates matters as needed to the next level for input and resolution.
• Partners with Regional HRD to ensure that standards and initiatives are in place.
• Partners with Regional HR to provide HR advice regarding grievances assists with arbitrations and may participate in contract negotiations.
• Responsible for ensuring any required branch local HR policies, guidelines, and programs align with corporate objectives and corporate safety initiatives.
• Conducts annual HR Audits and recommends action plans to correct deficiencies of assigned branches.
The Candidate Profile:
• Personal Characteristic: Considers alternative points of view, comfortable with ambiguity, able to maintain a focus on desired outcomes during situations and handle resistance with confidence. Manages the Matrix: Builds relationships to understand and manage organizational agendas and priorities. High Integrity: A clear commitment to the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
• People and Team Leadership Skills: A track record of actively developing talent and building high performing teams. Is viewed as a team player by subordinates, peers and, superiors.
• Relationship Management Skills: A Leader, who gains the confidence of the client group, interacts comfortably with decision-makers and addresses challenges proactively and quickly using a collaborative and inclusive style. Brings a client-centric focus to the resolution of issues. Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and listening skills.
• Strategic Skills and Results Orientation: Business-oriented, strategic thinker who grasps issues and engages others to articulate a path to achieve desired outcomes. Strong execution focus for self and others to deliver on expected outcomes. Employs innovative solutions to complex issues, and champions change. Maintains relationships while accomplishing results.